I’m starting to get a little bit nervous that Nintendo hasn’t confirmed 5 player local multiplayer for Mario Kart 8. The game is a mere 34 days away, and there hasn’t been a peep from Nintendo about using the gamepad as a fifth screen.
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed, a Wii U launch title, has five player local play and it was an absolute blast, so why Nintendo isn’t drumming up this feature for what will surely be Wii U’s make-or-break title is beyond me.
Would you like to see local five player in Mario Kart 8? Leave a comment below.
Those who’ve had hands on time with the game have stated that while playing the gamepad only serves as a horn or displays what’s on the TV. Mario Kart 8’s official website sneakily describes the game as being 1-12 players, but also states that “terminology may not be final as this title is still in development“.
So it could be that local 5 player hasn’t bee announced yet. Nintendo are banging on about utilising the gamepad more, so this truly seems like a no brainer.
I have no trouble getting five people willing to play Mario Kart in the same room, so this is a feature I’m really hoping for.
Stay tuned for my 12 Days of Mario Kart: Kountdown to MK8 coming in the next few weeks.
You can follow me on twitter: @rustyshell or Miiverse: zinger_AU
MOST POPULAR ON RUSTYSHELL
- amiibo Watch: Where To Buy amiibo In Australia Right Now
- How To Edit A User Mii On Wii U
- Erron Black, Have We Met Before?
- I Finally Have A Charizard amiibo
- 5 Problems With Nintendo Land (And How to Fix Them)
- Mario Kart: Which Console Version Is The Best?
- Franchises Through Time: Ranking The Donkey Kong Country Games
- Nintendo Land: Fun Factor Ratings For Each Attraction
NNID: zinger_AU & XBOX LIVE: zinger AU81
RUSTYSHELL ON TWITTER