On this lovely Valentine’s Day, we all watched the Nintendo Direct with bated breath. No big new announcements, but plenty of the old “remember what’s coming” thing. Here I break it down.
- Little Mac gets a start as a fighter in Smash Bros. It’s about time. He was part of my dream roster, so I’m glad to see he’s in. He deserves it.
- Play as you Mii in Mario Golf? No biggie. I don’t know why this game isn’t on Wii U…
- Kirby Triple Deluxe… I’m sure the Kirby fans are hanging for it, but doesn’t 3DS have enough great platformers? I still haven’t finished Kirby 64 or Kirby’s Epic Yarn yet.
- Yoshi’s New Island. Again, enough platformers? But till, no time limit suits me fine… I wish Mario 3D World had no time limits. The giant eggs are cool. Flutter Wings replacing the super guide or White Tanooki Feather? Yes.
- Steel Diver Sub Wars looks a bit different, a bit slow, and a bit boring… but a “contemplative FPS” seems like a new genre- and free to try is always ok by me.
- Pokemon Link Battle… Zzzzz…
- Professor Layton Vs Pheonix Wright. Biggest rivals go head to head. I’ve never played a Pheonix Wright game, but this cross over looks fun, and a good direction for Nintendo to take.
- Nintendo Pocket Football Club. Well, it’s on for the management fans. I’m not one of them but gee it looks cute. I’d still rather a new Mario Strikers.
- Weapon Shop De Omasse. Managing a weapon shop? Sounds very odd. Looks like a lot of reading. Looks like a lot of touch screen tapping. No thanks. It’s out February 20.
- Etrian Odyssey looks cool. Map your way to victory? I see. Damn 3DS has some unique games, such a variety and I’m sure I’ll be checking out the demo on April 18.
- Ubisoft’s Child Of Light. Looks incredibly samrt, and god an Ubisoft know Wii U needs some games like this.
- How much more footage can we see of Tropical Freeze? Nintendo are really flogging this, here’s hoping it’s as good as Returns.
- NES Remix. I’m not interested in this at all, but I’m sure the fans are going nuts. To get a Volume 2 it must have been popular. I might try it one day, and it’s cool that you get a “full game” in Super Luigi Bros. Should this have come last year in the “Year of Luigi”?
- How about GAMECUBE GAMES COMING TO VIRTUAL CONSOLE??!
- Mario Kart 8 is looking as spectacular as ever. Finally a date!!! May 30th. I’ll be calling in sick that week.
- X new gameplay footage. It looks incredible. What a shame we won’t get to play it with the Japanese voices. So awesome. The games battle system is a polished version of Xenoblades? Sounds good to every fan of the game.
- And finally, Bayonetta 2. Hopefully it lives up to the hype. So ridiculouso.
A bit of a disappointment overall, no new Wii U games announced. But maybe next time. We really want Star Fox and Metroid.
You can follow me on twitter: @rustshell and Miiverse: zinger_AU
MOST POPULAR ON RUSTYSHELL
- How To Edit A User Mii On Wii U
- Franchises Through Time: Ranking The Donkey Kong Country Games
- 5 Problems With Nintendo Land (And How to Fix Them)
- I Finally Have A Charizard amiibo
- amiibo Watch: Where To Buy amiibo In Australia Right Now
- Erron Black, Have We Met Before?
- Why Can’t I Use The Pro Controller To Play Splatoon Online?
- Real Quick: Awesome Question Block Tip Jar At My Local Subway
NNID: zinger_AU & XBOX LIVE: zinger AU81
RUSTYSHELL ON TWITTER