The series’ first outing for Wii, WORMS: A Space Oddity was a serious disappointment, due to poor controls and a silly user interface.
Thankfully, WORMS: Battle Islands takes the series back to basics, and allows players to do what they want in a WORMS game.
You can name your teams, access your weapons easily, etc. all by using the Wii remote on its own or with the nunchuck, but with none of the ridiculous motion controls that let Space Oddity down.
WORMS is turn based strategy, control a team of worms which you get to name individually, use a variety of weapons and tools to have the last worm standing and win the match.
It’s simple and fun- especially with two or more players. Anyone wanting a decent WORMS experience should look no further than WORMS: Battle Islands on Wii, unless you can get hold of a Nintendo 64 and a copy of WORMS: Armageddon.
MOST POPULAR ON RUSTYSHELL
- I Finally Have A Charizard amiibo
- amiibo Watch: Where To Buy amiibo In Australia Right Now
- How To Edit A User Mii On Wii U
- Erron Black, Have We Met Before?
- It’s Officially Time For Some Nintendo Land DLC
- Franchises Through Time: Ranking The Donkey Kong Country Games
- A Very Detailed Look At How Gameboy’s Hardware Works
- Cool Miiverse Art: Volume 3
NNID: zinger_AU & XBOX LIVE: zinger AU81
RUSTYSHELL ON TWITTER