I never knew this until just now, but Google Chrome’s no internet connection screen with the little T-Rex is actually a side scrolling endless runner.
All you have to do when the screen appears is press the space bar, then away he goes, running screen right through a minimalist desert backdrop, avoiding birds by ducking and cacti by jumping.
The game is also on the smart phone version of Chrome, but the touch screen controls are (as you’d expect) nowhere near as responsive.
Still, it’s a cute, free, offline way to pass some time in the office or when you’re out and about.
Apparently Chrome’s “Unable To Connect To The Internet” screen has featured the little dinosaur since the browsers inception in 2008, and the dinosaur game went live in 2014.
That means I could have voted for him in the Smash Ballot. What a missed opportunity.
Good luck chasing that high score.
You can follow me on twitter: @rustyshell and Miiverse: zinger_AU
MOST POPULAR ON RUSTYSHELL
- I Finally Have A Charizard amiibo
- 5 Problems With Nintendo Land (And How to Fix Them)
- Farewell Wii Part 4: My Own Best Of Awards
- Nintendo Land: Fun Factor Ratings For Each Attraction
- Waiting for Wii U: Other Products That Use U In Their Name
- Aussies Won’t Get The Amazing Spiderman Ultimate Edition
- Wii U Launches At Lower Price Than Wii In Australia
- Peach Adjusts Wii Fit Trainer’s Undies In Latest Smash Bros. Screen
NNID: zinger_AU & XBOX LIVE: zinger AU81
RUSTYSHELL ON TWITTER