I never knew this until just now, but Google Chrome’s no internet connection screen with the little T-Rex is actually a side scrolling endless runner.
All you have to do when the screen appears is press the space bar, then away he goes, running screen right through a minimalist desert backdrop, avoiding birds by ducking and cacti by jumping.
The game is also on the smart phone version of Chrome, but the touch screen controls are (as you’d expect) nowhere near as responsive.
Still, it’s a cute, free, offline way to pass some time in the office or when you’re out and about.
Apparently Chrome’s “Unable To Connect To The Internet” screen has featured the little dinosaur since the browsers inception in 2008, and the dinosaur game went live in 2014.
That means I could have voted for him in the Smash Ballot. What a missed opportunity.
Good luck chasing that high score.
You can follow me on twitter: @rustyshell and Miiverse: zinger_AU
MOST POPULAR ON RUSTYSHELL
- How To Edit A User Mii On Wii U
- Franchises Through Time: Ranking The Donkey Kong Country Games
- 5 Problems With Nintendo Land (And How to Fix Them)
- I Finally Have A Charizard amiibo
- amiibo Watch: Where To Buy amiibo In Australia Right Now
- Erron Black, Have We Met Before?
- Why Can’t I Use The Pro Controller To Play Splatoon Online?
- Real Quick: Awesome Question Block Tip Jar At My Local Subway
NNID: zinger_AU & XBOX LIVE: zinger AU81
RUSTYSHELL ON TWITTER