If you’re confused about how the Nintendo Network Premium deal works, you’re not alone. I’d been putting off even figuring this out since November last year, but now Premium Pack owners can actually take advantage of the offer, I thought I’d better stop procrastinating and actually do it. The way Nintendo has handled and explained this is a bit of a mess, and why it all doesn’t tie in with Club Nintendo is absolutely beyond me. But, if you own a Premium Pack Wii U, here’s all you need to know. Basic Pack owners, you miss out.
- Buy ANYTHING from the eShop on your black Wii U and you get points. These points convert to cash, so you can buy more stuff from the eShop
- Go to p.nintendo.net and enter your Nintendo Network ID and password
- You’ll see how much you spent in the eShop, on what, and how many points you earned for that purchase
- The large black rectangle on the HOME screen of the website tells you how many dollars you can redeem next
- Click the yellow rectangle next to the black one to get your activation code and redeem your accumulated cash
- Head to the eShop and press “Balance” then “Add finds using a Nintendo eShop Card” then correctly enter the code
- Press “Add Funds”
- Your balance has now increased, so spend it on whatever you want
- Right now you have until June 30th 2015 to redeem the points for cash, but no time limit on actually spending the cash on the eShop
This whole promotion is pretty decent of Nintendo, especially considering you can use the activation codes on the 3DS eShop too. You also accumulate points by adding funds to your account via retail cards. It’s just a shame people aren’t doing it because the promotion seems more complicated than it actually is.
You can follow me on twitter: @rustyshell or Miiverse: zinger_AU
- Benny-16bit-williams on My Thoughts On The Latest Nintendo Direct, In Point Form
- Oni Ichimaru on Nintendo’s Miiverse Moderators Need To Cool Off
- RElliot on How Stunning Is Mario Kart 8 Looking?
- SarahKahlan on Nintendo’s Miiverse Moderators Need To Cool Off
- Icee on Nintendo’s Miiverse Moderators Need To Cool Off
MOST POPULAR ON RUSTYSHELL
Nintendo’s Miiverse Moderators Need To Cool Off
Mario Kart: Which Console Version Is The Best?
5 Problems With Nintendo Land (And How to Fix Them)
Game & Wario Shouldn’t Be A Full Priced Retail Title
Here’s How To Take Advantage Of The Nintendo Network Premium Deal
- Nintendo’s Miiverse Moderators Need To Cool Off